Wednesday 16 October 2013

one second a week week 2. finding my feet

This project is challenging because it requires you to convey a message and relay information in a very short period of time. As this week has been the first proper week of classes not the induction week I thought an appropriate title and theme would be finding me feet. Initially my idea was to have a person reaching above their head trying to grab papers as they passed by. This was to represent all this new information and experiences going over my head and myself having to work to grasp it. I still like this idea and may return to it at a later date. However for this week I decided instead to draw a pair of shoes and have the owner search for them, I made an observational drawing of the shoes and was happy with the outcome but I did not know how to execute the person. In my test I had them with a blind stick and also crawling, I had wanted them crawling or dragging themselves along however I chose to have them sat and looking side to side. I still struggled with this even though I used a stick figure. I was going to leave the face blank but decided to add features and hair just so it was easier to give the impression that the head was turning and searching.

No comments:

Post a Comment